After a strong early response to our newest column last week, the second edition of Boxoffice.com's Most Anticipated Movies sees The Hobbit hold onto the top spot for a second straight week. For the year, this marks the 13th time that the film has ranked or tied for #1 among movies we've been tracking since the forum feature's inception.
Notable changes this week include strong bumps for Les Miserables and Zero Dark Thirty. The former jumped to #2 while the latter entered the top ten, both on the heels of news regarding very well-received critical screenings of the films last week. Django Unchained also benefited from some growing buzz while The Hunger Games: Catching Fire posted a strong debut on our chart at #8 one year ahead of its November 22, 2013 release.
1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (two weeks running)
2. Les Miserables (+3)
3. Star Trek Into Darkness (-1)
4. Django Unchained (+3)
5. Iron Man 3 (-2)
6. Man of Steel (two weeks running)
7. Thor: The Dark World (-3)
8. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (debut)
9. Zero Dark Thirty (+6) (tie)
9. Monsters University (two weeks running) (tie)
Now eligible for ranking: Frozen
Films no longer eligible: The Collection and Killing Them Softly (exits at #17)
Nathan Frederick (forum member "tribefan695") contributed to this report.
Follow Shawn Robbins on Twitter