Weekend Forecast: 'The Best Man Holiday'
Featured Stories - on November 13, 2013 by BoxOffice Staff
Universal's The Best Man Holiday is this weekend's sole new wide release. Check out our thoughts on its financial potential below.
The Best Man Holiday
- The original 1999 film was a modest hit, grossing more than $34 million domestically (about $54 million in 2013 dollars).
- The original and expanded cast includes names who have become more famous since the original film, particularly Terrence Howard.
- Being the only new wide release of the weekend never hurts.
- Although it was successful, do audiences still remember The Best Man?
- Aside from the ensemble cast of recognizable names and faces, none of them have been proven box office draws.
- Opening in between Thor: The Dark World and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire could prevent a breakout as audiences may simply take the weekend off.
Check out our forecast for this weekend's top 10 in the table below.
|Title||Release Date||Distributor||Weekend Gross||Domestic Total Through Sunday, Nov. 17|
|Thor: The Dark World||Nov 8, 2013||Disney
|The Best Man Holiday||Nov 15, 2013||Universal
|Last Vegas||Nov 1, 2013||CBS Films
|Free Birds||Nov 1, 2013||Relativity Media
|Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa||Oct 25, 2013||Paramount
|Gravity||Oct 4, 2013||Warner Bros.
|Ender's Game||Nov 1, 2013||Lionsgate / Summit
|12 Years a Slave||Oct 18, 2013||Fox Searchlight
|Captain Phillips||Oct 11, 2013||Sony / Columbia
|About Time||Nov 1, 2013||Universal
Phil Contrino, Daniel Garris, Alex Edghill, and Shawn Robbins contributed to this report.