The Nation's Leading Moviegoer Destination Expands its Theater Network to More Than 23,000 Screens and Surpasses 40 Million Downloads of its Award-Winning Apps
LAS VEGAS/CINEMACON - March 26, 2014 - Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, announced today it has added five new exhibitors, Malco Theatres, Frank Theatres, Goodrich Quality Theaters, NCG Cinemas and Paragon Theaters, bringing online and mobile ticketing to more than 1,000 screens in over a dozen states. Fandango now powers more than 23,000 U.S. screens, representing 83% of the nation's theaters with online ticketing capabilities.
"We are thrilled to work with our new exhibitors to help them reach even more moviegoers through our online and mobile ticketing platforms, and ultimately grow their businesses," said Paul Yanover, President of Fandango.
The five new exhibitor deals follow Fandango's signing of its exclusive multi-year renewal with Cinemark, representing more than 4,400 U.S. screens. The company also formed a partnership with Veezi, the fast and easy cinema management software designed and developed by Vista, offering thousands of independent movie theaters the ability to benefit from Fandango's online and mobile ticketing capabilities.
The new circuits, many with historic footprints, have a solid geographic reach across the country:
• Malco Theatres - a fourth-generation family-owned-and-operated business with its first screen dating back to 1915, Malco has 32 locations across Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas and Kentucky;
• Frank Theatres - in operation since 1921, this family-owned entertainment group manages screens in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida;
• Goodrich Quality Theaters -headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, with its first screen dating back to 1930, Goodrich has screens in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri;
• NCG Cinemas - the Neighborhood Cinema Group (NCG) operates theaters in Michigan, Indiana, Tennessee, Illinois, and Georgia;
• Paragon Theaters -specializes in affordable luxury theaters in Florida, Minnesota and Virginia.
Fandango also reported that its mobile ticketing business continues to see healthy growth. Thus far in 2014, Fandango has achieved 47% of its total movie ticket sales on mobile devices, and has surpassed 40 million downloads of its award-winning apps.
Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, sells tickets to more than 23,000 screens nationwide. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary, celebrity interviews and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. For many theaters, fans can print their tickets at home or receive them as a paperless Mobile Ticket on their smartphones. Fandango's top- ranking movie ticketing apps, with more than 40 million downloads, are available on the iPhone and iPad, Android, and many other platforms. Fandango is enjoyed by more than 30 million online and mobile visitors each month, according to comScore. Film fans also find Fandango on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/fandango and on Twitter @Fandango.