Monterey Park, Calif. -- AMC Theatres (AMC), a leading theatrical exhibition and entertainment company, announces today that the all-digital AMC Atlantic Times Square 14, located in the Atlantic Times Square mixed-use development in Monterey Park, will open to the public on Friday, Aug. 27. The newest theatre in the AMC family will bring the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience to the heart of Monterey Park, including four 3D auditoriums.
To commemorate the grand opening, all guests who visit AMC Atlantic Times Square 14 will receive one free small popcorn with each ticket purchased between Aug. 27 and Sept. 2. Additionally, Monterey Park Mayor Anthony Wong will officially proclaim the opening of AMC Atlantic Times Square 14 at a ticket-tearing ceremony at the theatre on Thursday, Aug 26 at 6:30 p.m.
A movie lover's dream come true, AMC Atlantic Times Square 14 will feature the most current motion picture releases and other types of entertainment, presented in the immersive, big-screen viewing environment of an AMC theatre. Movies opening this weekend at the theatre include Screen Gems' Takers and Lionsgate's The Last Exorcism.
The new, state-of-the-art facility is the first all-digital theatre in the Monterey Park area and is equipped with projectors capable of producing images with more than four times the resolution of HDTV on premium screens that bring guests' favorite stars to life, with some auditoriums boasting screens more than three stories high and 50-feet wide. Moviegoers will enjoy an extensive menu of entertainment choices at AMC Atlantic Times Square 14 as well as guest-focused value programs such as A.M.Cinema®, which provides guests the opportunity to see first-run movies at the best ticket price of the day ($6) before noon, any day of the week.
The theatre is also adorned with AMC's signature design concepts, including celebrity graphic murals, movie quotes inlaid in terrazzo flooring, entertaining directors' series photographs and an expansive concession stand that features:
• Made-to-order food such as chicken tenders, mozzarella sticks and French fries.
• Made-to-order beverages such as espresso, lattes, drip and frozen coffee products and fruit smoothies.
• Free refills for each large popcorn and soft drink purchased.
Guest satisfaction has been the foundation of the AMC experience, where guests have been the stars since our inception in 1920. AMC has a rich history of innovation and has pioneered many of the key industry innovations that make today's entertainment experience more comfortable, convenient and enjoyable, including: the multiplex and North American megaplex concepts, LoveSeat®-style seating, cupholder armrests and online ticketing.
AMC Atlantic Times Square 14 will also showcase modern amenities such as:
• Fourteen auditoriums with approximately 3,000 total seats.
• Stadium seating, with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for perfectly clear, unobstructed views.
• AMC's exclusive LoveSeat®-style seating featuring "rocking" backs and lifting cupholder armrests.
• Six-channel digital audio for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
• Pre-show entertainment with a first-look access to movies, television, music, sports and advertising.
• Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online at www.amctheatres.com.
• Three automated box offices for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up.
Located at the corner of Atlantic Boulevard and Hellman Street in Monterey Park, AMC Atlantic Times Square 14 is the entertainment anchor of Atlantic Times Square and is located at the southeast end of the development, just off Highway 10. There is free, covered parking in the garage underneath the theatre. Additional information about the grand opening can be found here.