Alice Eve is now reportedly in talks to join the cast of Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class as the character of Emma Frost. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender have already signed on to play Professor X and Magneto, respectively.
Eve has had a busy year. She starred opposite Jay Baruchel in She's Out of My League, and she also had a supporting gig in Sex and the City 2.
As of 10:30 am PT, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse accounts for a staggering 82 percent of daily sales on Fandango.com. The film is already the #1 pre-seller of the year on Fandango.
According to a recent survey of more than 1,000 Eclipse ticket-buyers on Fandango:
• 82% say the action they've glimpsed in Eclipse clips looks more exciting than the action in either Twilight or New Moon.
• 69% say the positive Internet buzz and advance reviews have increased their interest in seeing Eclipse.
• 58% plan to see it more than once.
• 38% are more likely to enjoy repeat viewings because Eclipse opens during the summer season.
• 45% plan to see the movie with a group of friends.
• 28% plan to see it with a date or significant other.
• 33% of respondents are 24 or younger.
• 34% of respondents are 25-34.
• 27% of respondents are 35-49.
Spike Lee is looking to direct Nagasaki Deadline, a new thriller about an FBI agent who attempts to stop two terrorist attacks on the East Coast.
Obviously Lee is not one to shy away from controversy, and this is certainly a topic that's bound to cause plenty of that. Whether or not mainstream audiences will want to show up to theaters to watch something that they see too often on the news is the main concern.
Lee proved that he can do thrillers quite well with 2006's Inside Man, so it'll be interesting to see what he'll be able to do with a terrorist story.
Kevin Spacey will star opposite Jennifer Aniston, Colin Farrell, Jamie Foxx, Jason Bateman, Jason Sudiekis and Charlie Day in Horrible Bosses, a workplace murder comedy that begins filming next month.
Spacey's career has suffered through a couple of duds recently, so a scene-stealing supporting turn in a comedy could help turn things around for him.