Knoxville, Tennessee - Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), a leading motion picture exhibitor owning and operating the largest theatre circuit in the United States, today announced expansion and remodeling plans for Regal Seminole Square in Charlottesville, Virginia. The new facility will be named Regal Seminole Trail Stadium 9 reflecting the addition of stadium seating in all auditoriums, new high-back recliner seats, new lobby, new entrance, new rest rooms and the expansion of five additional screens. Seminole Trail Stadium 9 will offer all of the latest state-of-the-art cinema amenities.
Over the course of the past several years, Regal Entertainment Group evaluated multiple options for construction in Charlottesville before determining that an expansion and extensive remodel of our existing Seminole Square theatre was the best choice. The location of the existing theatre near the intersection of Seminole Trail and Hydraulic Road makes it a very convenient location for moviegoers. Regal owns the property and has already begun the design process for construction. A diagram of the expanded facility is now on display in the lobby of Seminole Square.
"Regal Entertainment Group is very appreciative of our loyal patrons in Charlottesville. Our company has invested in the community with construction of the Downtown Mall 6. The cinema is located at the heart of the city and is host to the prestigious Virginia Film Festival. Regal is confident that now is the right time for an expansion along the heavily traveled Seminole Trail retail corridor," stated Dick Westerling, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Advertising for Regal Entertainment Group. "A new Regal Cinemas will offer our guests more movies, a variety of showtimes and all of the latest theatre amenities."
The new Regal Seminole Trail Stadium 9 will be expanded from the current 4-screen Seminole Square in every way covering more than 43,000 square feet when complete. The existing lobby will be transformed into one additional auditorium with a higher ceiling height, restrooms and concessions work area. The new square footage will include an enlarged lobby and more screens. A new indoor box office will provide climate-controlled comfort for guests through all seasons. Digital projection will provide picture-perfect presentations on every screen. The cinema will offer a variety of films, 3D presentations and alternative digital programming with the convenience of 9 different showtimes. Regal is making a significant investment to remodel and expand this facility to deliver the best entertainment experience to patrons for many years to come.
Regal Seminole Trail Stadium 9 will feature these amenities:
• Stadium seating in every auditorium for an unobstructed view of the screen.
• New high-back rocking recliner seats offer extra comfort to each guest.
• Retractable cup holders move out of the way to form seats for two.
• Digital projection in every auditorium to provide a crystal-clear picture.
• Real D 3D projection systems available for 3D enhanced presentations.
• Digital surround sound completes the true digital cinema experience.
• Alternative programming such as concerts, opera, Broadway shows and sporting events.
• New concession stand designed to improve delivery times and customer flow.
• Fully stocked concession stands offer name brand, high quality selections including pizza.
• New carpeting and tile in all auditoriums, halls and lobby.
• Lobby includes an arcade area for interactive gaming.
• New guest service desk offers extra assistance in the improved lobby.
• New computerized box office located indoors to protect patrons from the elements.
• Regal Express kiosks provide fully automated ticket purchasing.
• Updates to the exterior include new signage to reflect its status as a showplace.
• The industry-leading Regal Crown Club loyalty program rewards frequent moviegoers.
• Advance tickets available by phone or through www.REGmovies.com.